Let Me Tell You a Story: An Introduction to the Audiobook Industry
February 18, 2018 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
About the Event:
Austin Actors Conservatory presents Let Me Tell You a Story – An Introduction to the Audiobook Industry presented by Sean Pratt. This member-only event will cover the basics of recording audiobooks for commercial publishers. Audio narration is one of the fasted growing segments for union performers today! Isn’t it worth your time to find out if this new venue is right for you?
Top Ten Things You’ll Learn:
- Why audiobook narration is its own unique style of VO
- Why your audiobook demo is different from your commercial VO demo
- The art, effort and attitude of narrating audiobooks
- The differences between the fiction and nonfiction genres
- The basic equipment you’ll need to start practicing your audiobook technique
- Ideas for create your narration booth
- Resources for finding audiobook work
- The general state of the audiobook industry and where it's headed
- Your questions answered during Q & A
- There will be materials provided for the participants to take home and review.
Please RSVP to AustinRSVP@sagaftra.org. RSVP is required.Back to the event calendar