Austin School of Film (ASOF): Intro to DSLR Filmmaking
November 6, 2021 to November 7, 2021
About the Event:
Join Austin School of Film for this upcoming workshop. Filmmakers and content creators have quickly adopted shooting film & video with DSLR cameras for the small form factor, relatively low cost, and professional cinematic look of shooting with an array of changeable lenses.
In this workshop, students will learn how to use a DSLR in full manual mode to gain more creative freedom in filmmaking. We'll dive deep into the essentials of visual storytelling with composition, motion and lighting. The concept of this course is to teach students the same techniques that a professional filmmaker uses when filming with DSLRs.
From framing shots to producing simple projects and gaining skills hands-on, students will leave this course ready and inspired to create high-quality, engaging film projects.
Topics covered include:
- Overview of camera functions
- Camera Movement
- Actor Blocking
- Shot for Shot Narrative Scene Remake
- Picture Profiles and Compression and Color grading
- Resolution, dynamic range, bit depth, compression discussion
- Shooting a One Scene Short Film as a crew with actors, lights, and sound
- Ways to shoot better and more efficiently
- How to review creative footage and make decisions