Administrative Assistant (Administrative Assistant III)
Job #: 2018-60
- TWC Job #: 6629787
- Opening Date: 3/26/2018
- Travel Required: NA
- Monthly Salary: $2,500.00 - $3,066.00/mo
- Position Location: Austin, Texas
- Group Step: A13
- Class: 0154
Military Occupational Specialist codes that may be applicable to this position: 42A, 92A, AZ, LS, MC, PS, RP, YN, 641LDO, 741CWP, YN, 360, 0111, 6046, 01, 6042, 3A, 3A1X1, 8A200
Omission of data on the state application is grounds for disqualification of the application.
Position resides within the Tourism section of the Office of the Governor, Economic Development & Tourism Division reporting to the Tourism Director. Assists in the day-to-day operations of the Tourism section. Greets visitors and answers incoming calls for the Tourism section. Performs skilled clerical and administrative office support related Tourism section activities.
- Answers incoming telephone calls to Tourism section mainline and greets visitors. Assists in the same duties for division and agency as needed.
- Works with Tourism section databases.
- Prepares and disseminates information concerning Tourism section programs and procedures.
- Prepares, edits, and distributes correspondence, reports, studies, forms and documents.
- Maintains filing, record-keeping and records management systems.
- Assists with scheduling, correspondence, and cross divisional work.
- Performs general office duties such as ordering supplies, performing basic bookkeeping work, invoicing and account reconciliation, and material shipping.
- Assists with tracking and fulfilling requests for travel information and www.TravelTexas.com user comments.
- Responds to inquiries and interprets rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Communicates with state and national travel industry stakeholders, governmental entities, and other external groups, as directed.
- Assists with Travel section inventory tracking.
- Assists in the planning and coordination of section meetings, conference participation, and other travel industry related events.
- Assists Tourism section staff in planning, coordination, and follow-up related to marketing and public relations activities.
- Assist advertising and research areas of Tourism section as directed.
- Attendance on a regular and punctual schedule.
- Must be able to remain in stationary position for 50% of the time.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited college or university plus 2 years of experience providing administrative support or relatable job experience. Must possess strong communication and computer skills. Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality of matters. Experience and education may be substituted for one another on a year-for-year basis. Valid Texas drivers’ license for any driving assignments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of office practices and administrative procedures.
- Knowledge of personal computers and software applications.
- Knowledge of applicable governmental laws, rules and regulations.
- Skill in communicating with constituents via telephone and in person.
- Skill in customer service.
- Skill in record keeping and maintenance.
- Skill in organization and attention to detail.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Skill in the use of a multi-line phone system.
- Skill in using Microsoft Office suite – Excel, PowerPoint, MSWord, Access.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships within and outside the agency.
- Ability to handle high level administrative issues.
- Ability to consistently exercise tact and courtesy.
- Ability to maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Ability to interpret and follow rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to move about the office access files, office machinery and/or to distribute correspondence.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple task simultaneously.
- Ability to follow directives.
- Ability to research information
- Ability to maintain regular attendance Monday-Friday.
Registration, Certification or Licensure: Texas Driver’s License.
Physical Requirements and/or Working Conditions: This classification functions in a standard office environment. Ability to move up to 35 lbs. Ability to drive as needed. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 50% of the time. Will need to occasionally move about the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, to distribute correspondence, etc. Must be able to communicate and exchange accurate information via phone, computer and in person. Must be able to observe and/or identify visitors and staff entering the building in person and/or via video monitor or call box. Must be able to work hours during a legislative session that include holidays and as needed.