Compliance Manager (Compliance Analyst V)
Job #: 2018-36
- TWC Job #: 5271033
- Opening Date: 11/14/2017
- Travel Required: 5%
- Monthly Salary: $5,258.67-$6,200.00/mo
- Position Location: Austin
- Group Step: B23
- Class: 3684
Military Occupational Specialist codes that may be applicable to this position: No military equivalent.
This manager position is hired to work in the Office of Compliance and Monitoring (OCM) within the Office of the Governor (OOG) reporting to the Division Director of OCM. Responsible for overseeing and assigning work to staff responsible for conducting compliance reviews on entities receiving funds awarded/provided by the OOG. Responsible for reviewing, interpreting and making recommendations for corrective action on reviews completed by staff. Assist in developing policies and procedures for daily activities. Provides technical assistance to programs on contracts, grants, and rules. Supervises the work of others, which involves all personnel management functions. As required, conducts compliance reviews. Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment. Applicants must be willing to travel 5% of the time.
- Performs compliance reviews that are highly complex in nature or large in scale and/or oversees others who perform reviews, including coordinating assignments and reviewing activities.
- Oversees and/or reviews and analyzes data to verify documentation in conformity with regulations and standards.
- Evaluates compliance reviews for completeness; compliance with standards; uniformity in method; and adherence to statutes, law, agency guidance, and division procedures.
- Reviews written and/or oral reports on compliance issues for agency management and other staff.
- Coordinates with OOG programs on compliance issues identified during reviews.
- Reviews contracts, grants, laws/rules, and other legal documents.
- Provides technical advice on the requirements, liabilities, and penalties of non-compliance.
- Handles sensitive and confidential situations accordingly.
- Develops policies, procedures, and rules.
- Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of others.
- Identifies job specific training needs of staff and facilitates training as feasible.
- May perform statistical sampling of data.
- Maintain regular work schedule.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Required Qualifications: (Minimum Qualifications)
Education and Experience:
College graduate from an accredited U.S. four-year college or university with major coursework in business administration, accounting, finance, statistical analysis, mathematics, or related field, plus a minimum of five (5) years experience in compliance analysis, compliance monitoring, accounting, financial analysis, or auditing. Experience and education may be substituted for one another on a year-for-year basis. Preferred: 1 year experience in a supervisory capacity or work lead role; 1 year experience developing or reviewing contracts; 1 year experience developing or reviewing rules.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in the field of contract/compliance/financial monitoring
- Knowledge in the field of statistical concepts, methods and models.
- Knowledge of local and state laws and regulations relevant to program areas.
- Knowledge of personal computers and software applications.
- Skill in conducting data searches and evaluating large amounts of data.
- Skill in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Skill in preparing concise and accurate reports and recommendations that are accurate, timely, and based on sound judgement.
- Skill in sampling techniques.
- Ability to plan, assign and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships within and outside the agency.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to make complex decisions and to interpret agency enforced regulatory laws, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to travel.
Registration, Certification or Licensure: Valid Texas Driver’s License
Physical Requirements and/or Working Conditions: This classification functions in a standard office environment. Ability to move up to 35 lbs. Ability to drive and travel as needed. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 50% of the time. Will need to move about the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, to distribute correspondence, etc. Must be able to communicate and exchange accurate information via phone, computer and in person. Must be able to observe and evaluate media in electronic, visual and/or audio format. Must be able to work hours that include holidays and as needed.