The Texas Economic Development & Tourism Office and community partners continue to work together to provide direct assistance and resource referrals to Texas businesses. We are also focused on recovery, economic expansion and the next steps to position our state's businesses and communities for future success. For additional news and resources regarding our state's response to COVID-19, go to gov.texas.gov/coronavirus.
Resources for Small Businesses
U.S. Small Business Administration
- The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) has a number of resources for employers, including those impacted by COVID-19.
- The Governor's Small Business Webinar Series addresses a wide variety of business topics and challenges.
- The Texas Film Commission provides direct assistance and resource referrals for the Texas creative arts/film industry.
- The Texas Music Office offers a multitude of resources for artists and music industry professionals to receive assistance.
- The Texas Department of Agriculture provides farm and ranch producers with information, programs and resources to help receive COVID-19 assistance.
- The Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation offers updates on waivers to licensing and regulations for professionals in Texas.
- The Texas Department of State Health Services offers safety and health precaution guidelines for businesses and employees to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- The Skills Development Fund: COVID-19 Training is an initiative to help businesses across Texas provide rapid-response training to their employees as a direct result of the pandemic.
- Community Development Finance Institutions (CDFIs) may be able to provide financial assistance to businesses during and after a disaster. Find a CDFI near you by utilizing the CDFI Finder.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Quick Guides offers a listing of resources for local businesses with the purpose of preparing for and recovering from disasters.
Page updated as of July 2022