Texas and Mexico share more than a border; we are connected by commerce, culture, and family.
Best of luck to all Texas students and educators as they begin the new academic year.
In Austin, Dallas, and now Fort Worth, connections are made in the heart of Texas.
Governor Abbott traveling the nation, letting business leaders know Texas is wide open for business.
Freedom of religion is the most sacred of our rights and our freedom to worship is secured by the Constitution.
- Thursday, October 08, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Attends Press Conference Announcing Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Veteran Bachelor Of Science In Nursing Program
Governor Greg Abbott today attended a press conference announcing the new Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Nursing Veteran Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, which will put medically-experienced military veterans on a path to pursue a bachelor’s degree in nursing without having to start over in training.
- Thursday, October 08, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Bets On UT In BBQ Battle With Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin
With the Texas Longhorns playing the Oklahoma Sooners at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas this Saturday, Governor Greg Abbott is today doubling down on the “Red River Rivalry” by challenging Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin to a TX-OU barbecue wager.
- Thursday, October 08, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Orders Capitol Flags To Be Flown Half-Staff In Honor Of Fallen Dyess Air Force Base Airmen
Governor Greg Abbott today ordered the flags on the Texas Capitol building to be lowered to half-staff in honor of the lives and public service of four Airmen from Dyess Air Force Base in Abilene, TX.
- Tuesday, October 06, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Three To Texas State Board Of Pharmacy
Governor Greg Abbott appointed Jennifer “Jenny” Downing Yoakum of Longview, Rebecca “Suzette” Tijerina of Castle Hills and Isaac “Chip” Thornsburg of San Antonio to the Texas State Board of Pharmacy for terms set to expire August 31, 2021.
- Tuesday, October 06, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Delivers Remarks At UTRGV Hispanic Engineering, Science And Technology Student Leadership Day
Governor Greg Abbott today delivered remarks in Edinburg, TX at UTRGV’s Hispanic Engineering, Science and Technology (HESTEC) Week Student Leadership Day.
- Friday, October 02, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Announces $133 Million In Local Criminal Justice And Victim Services Grants
Governor Greg Abbott today announced the award of $133 million in criminal justice and victim services grants to local law enforcement agencies, domestic violence shelters, child sex trafficking victims programs and other governmental and non-profit agencies across Texas.
- Friday, October 02, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Hosts Reception Honoring 2015 National Teacher Of The Year Shanna Peeples
Governor Greg Abbott today hosted a reception honoring 2015 National Teacher of the Year Shanna Peeples.
- Friday, October 02, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Statement On Death Of Four Dyess Airmen In Afghanistan
Governor Greg Abbott today released a statement following the crash a C-130J in Afghanistan that resulted in the death of four Airmen from Dyess Air Force Base in Abilene, Texas.
- Thursday, October 01, 2015 Austin, TexasFirst Lady Cecilia Abbott Addresses United Way Of Williamson County Community Impact Summit On Education
First Lady Cecilia Abbott today addressed the United Way of Williamson County Community Impact Summit on Education.
- Wednesday, September 30, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Urges DHS To Provide Additional Border Security Resources
Following recent U.S. Border Patrol reports, Governor Greg Abbott today sent a letter to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Jeh Johnson requesting immediate action due to the significant increase of illegal border crossings.