The Gatehouse in Grapevine is an example of the vital role our communities play in fighting domestic violence.
- Tuesday, May 05, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Mayfield As Judge Of 165th Judicial District Court
Governor Greg Abbott has appointed Judge Debra Ibarra Mayfield as judge of the 165th Judicial District Court in Harris County for a term to expire at the next general election in November 2016.
- Monday, May 04, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Speaks With Garland Mayor, Receives DPS Briefing On Garland Shooting
Following the attack in Garland, Texas Sunday evening, Texas Governor Greg Abbott spoke this morning to Garland Mayor Douglas Athas to offer full support.
- Monday, May 04, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott, First Lady Address Texas National Day Of Prayer Breakfast
Governor Greg Abbott today attended the Texas National Prayer Breakfast in Austin where he delivered remarks and shared with attendees his official resolution declaring May 4th, 2015 the Texas National Day of Prayer.
- Monday, May 04, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Issues Statement On Garland Shooting
Governor Greg Abbott issued the following statement on the shooting that took place in Garland, TX earlier this evening.
- Thursday, April 30, 2015 Austin, TexasFirst Lady Honors Women Members Of The 84th Legislature
First Lady Cecilia Abbott, along with Governor Greg Abbott and the Governor’s Commission for Women, today hosted a luncheon to honor the women members of the 84th Texas Legislature and thank them for their leadership and commitment to Texas.
- Thursday, April 30, 2015 Austin, TexasTexas Secretary of State Carlos Cascos, Texas Delegation Visit Mexico
Texas Secretary of State Carlos Cascos, along with a small delegation from his office, concluded a multi-day official visit to the United Mexican States on behalf of the State of Texas.
- Thursday, April 30, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Files Amicus Brief Supporting California Citizens’ Second Amendment Rights
Governor Greg Abbott today filed an amicus brief in support of a lawsuit brought by a coalition of California citizens and the California Rifle and Pistol Association Foundation against the County of San Diego to vindicate their Second Amendment rights.
- Wednesday, April 29, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Names Two To Texas Funeral Service Commission
Governor Greg Abbott today named Greg Compean of Richmond and Larry Allen of Mesquite to the Texas Funeral Service Commission (TFSC) for terms to expire February 1, 2021.
- Wednesday, April 29, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Two And Names Chair Of Private Security Board
Governor Greg Abbott today appointed and named Patricia “Patti” James of Houston, Chair of the Private Security Board. Additionally he appointed Claude “C.D.” Siems, also of Houston to the board, both for terms to expire on January 21, 2021.
- Wednesday, April 29, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Three To Texas State University System Board Of Regents
Governor Greg Abbott today appointed Veronica Muzquiz Edwards of San Antonio, Alan L. Tinsley of Madisonville and reappointed David Montagne of Beaumont to the Texas State University System Board of Regents for terms to expire on February 1, 2021.