Governor Abbott Visits Burckhardt Compression Facilities In Waller, TX
Governor's Initiatives »
Governor Greg Abbott today visited Burckhardt Compression’s new U.S. manufacturing plant in Waller, Texas. During his visit, Governor Abbott toured the facilities, met with company executives and discussed the Texas Apprenticeship Program announced during his business development mission to Switzerland in January 2016.
"Businesses like Burckhardt Compression flock to Texas not only because of our lower taxes and predictable regulations, but also because of our top-quality workforce," said Governor Abbott. "We want to see Texans participate in your apprenticeship program and work in facilities just like this, helping you grow and helping the State of Texas become more prosperous. I would like to thank Burckhardt Compression for hosting today's meetings and for continuing to play a role in making Texas the best state to do business in the United States."
Burckhardt Compression Facts
- Based in Winterthur, Switzerland
- One of the world’s largest manufacturers of reciprocating compressors
- Recently established a new U.S. manufacturing plant in Waller
- New facility accounts for more than $11.5 million in capital investments and will employ more than 100 employees
- Waller plant and office facility will assemble process gas compressors for customers in the refinery and chemical processing industry throughout North and South America