The Future of Texas
“We must work together to ensure that even the future is bigger in Texas.” - Governor Greg Abbott
- Monday, March 02, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Accepts Site Selection’s Governor’s Cup On Behalf Of State Of Texas
Governor Greg Abbott today accepted the 2014 Governor’s Cup, an award given annually by Site Selection Magazine to recognize the top performing state for capital investment attraction in a season that lasts all year. 2014 was the third year in a row and sixth year since 2004 that Texas has been honored with the award.
- Thursday, February 26, 2015 Houston, TexasGovernor Abbott Addresses Greater Houston Partnership Luncheon, Outlines Session Priorities
Governor Greg Abbott today addressed the Greater Houston Partnership Luncheon to share with local business leaders his plans for the state of Texas. . Following his remarks, Governor Abbott visited the School at St. George Place where he toured prekindergarten classrooms and visited with teachers and administrators about the importance of elevating Texas’ Pre-K programs to be among the best in the nation.
- Thursday, February 26, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Designates Ryan Sitton To Interstate Mining Compact Commission
Governor Greg Abbott today announced the designation of Ryan Sitton to serve as a designee to the Interstate Mining Compact Commission (IMCC) for a term to expire at the pleasure of the Governor. The IMCC is a multi-state governmental organization representing natural resource and environmental protection interests with the purpose of advancing protection and restoration of land, water and other resources affected by the mining industry.
- Wednesday, February 25, 2015 Austin, TexasStatement By Governor Abbott On Establishment Of North Texas Anti-Gang Center
We must do more to crack down on gang activity and prevent organized crime from taking root across Texas, and this grant is a crucial step toward that goal.
- Tuesday, February 24, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Christi Craddick To Southern States Energy Board
Governor Greg Abbott today announced the appointment of Christi Craddick to serve as his designee to the Southern States Energy Board for a term to expire at the pleasure of the Governor.
- Tuesday, February 24, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Re-Designates Leisure And Hogsett To Land And Water Conservation Fund
Governor Greg Abbott today announced the re-designation of Brent Leisure as State Liaison Officer and Tim Hogsett as Alternate State Liaison Officer to the Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) for a term to expire at the pleasure of the Governor.
- Friday, February 20, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Statement On President Obama’s Request For Stay On Executive Amnesty Ruling
"The President’s stay request should be denied. A stay is typically granted to have the status quo maintained."
- Friday, February 20, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Statement On 2013 Texas High School Graduation Rate Exceeding National Average
The United States Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics recently released information detailing state-by-state graduation rates in 2012-13, with Texas’ Class of 2013 graduating at a rate of 88 percent and outpacing the national average of 81 percent.
- Friday, February 20, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Issues Official Proclamations Declaring Emergency Items
Governor Greg Abbott today issued five proclamations declaring emergency items to be immediately considered by the 84th Legislature of the state of Texas.
- Thursday, February 19, 2015 Austin, TXGovernor Abbott Statement On Travis County District Judge Ruling
Governor Abbott today released the following statement in response to the ruling by a Travis County District Judge: