Job #: 2016-10
TWC Job #: 5088707
Opening Date: 10/08/2015
Closing Date: Until Closed
Travel Required: 5-20%
Monthly Salary: *$3,081.34 - $3,750.00
Position Location: 1100 San Jacinto, State Insurance Building Austin, Texas 78701
Group Step: B17
*Salary Commensurate With Experience
Military Occupational Specialist codes that may be applicable to this position: 51C, LS, 751X, 020, 28, 420, 35, 3044, 3006, 30
The Compliance Analyst is hired to work within the Office of Compliance and Monitoring (OCM) of the Office of the Governor (OOG) reporting to the Compliance Unit Manager or OCM Director. Verifies award recipient compliance with specific requirements. Analyzes data to verify supporting documentation submitted by awardees. Utilizes a risk assessment approach to assist with identifying and prioritizing awardees that pose potential risk related to award funds. Duties require a high degree of initiative with minimal direction, sustained professionalism and sound independent judgment.
- Verifies award recipient compliance with specific requirements by conducting desk and on-site reviews.
- Compiles, reviews and analyzes data to verify supporting documentation submitted by awardees.
- Utilizes a risk assessment approach to assist with identifying and prioritizing awardees that pose potential risk related to award funds.
- Demonstrates advanced subject matter expertise.
- May assist in the review of contracts or grants and other legal documents.
- Responds to inquiries from other OOG program staff and award recipients on established awardee compliance requirements and procedures.
- Prepares and presents written and/or oral reports to OCM management and other OOG staff.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of customer service principals and methodology.
- Maintains and updates data in an internal data tracking system.
- Reviews fiscal expenditure reports for completeness, appropriateness and accuracy.
- May perform statistical sampling of data.
- May assist in developing policies, procedures and rules.
- May train others.
- Performs related work as assigned.
College graduate from an accredited four-year college or university, with a preferred degree in business management, public administration, accounting or related field. Prefer one year of directly related experience. Experience and education may be substituted for one another on a year-for-year basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Extensive knowledge of awardee/contractor monitoring.
- Thorough knowledge of procedures used to evaluate awardee/contractor performance.
- Knowledge of program area(s).
- Skill in the use of a computer and associated software applications, including Microsoft Excel.
- Skill in customer service.
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to train.
- Ability to travel.
To apply, please visit http://gov.texas.gov/employment/ for instructions on submitting your application. You may download the uniform State Employment Application or request an application from the Office of the Governor Human Resources Division, State Insurance Building, 1100 San Jacinto, Room 2.300, Austin, Texas, 78701. If required in this posting, copies of college transcripts must be provided concurrent with application for further applicant consideration. For additional information, please call 512- 463-5873, or visit our agency's website. Dial 7-1-1 for Relay Services.
The Office of the Governor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires all new employees to present proof of eligibility to work in the United States within three (3) days of being hired. The Office of the Governor participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Candidates selected for interviews will be subject to background check and required to complete authorization form.
- E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
- E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
- Right to Work Poster (English)
- Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
Male candidates between 18 and 25 years of age are required to show proof of Selective Service registration (or exemption) prior to an offer of employment being extended. Such proof is not required to be filed with an application but must be provided upon request by the Human Resources office. For additional information pertaining to Selective Service registration, you may visit: http://www.sss.gov/
Notice to Applicants Who May Require Reasonable Accommodation in the Interview Process:
Applicants with disabilities who may need to discuss special accommodations during the interview process should contact 512-463-5873 and ask to speak to the Office of the Governor's Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator in the Human Resources Department. If reasonably possible, please call at least 48 hours in advance to afford our representative and the hiring division sufficient time to properly review and coordinate your request.