Fellowships and Intern Positions
Texas Governor’s Fellowship Program will:
- Give students an overview of state government by working closely with staff in the Office of the Governor.
- Provide students with experience in a working office environment.
- Enhance appreciation of public service.
Fellows are assigned to work with the Governor’s staff.
Primary duties consist of:
- Performs support work for division program areas
- Provides project assistance
- Conducts research as requested for various projects
- Prepares correspondence, reports, studies, forms and documents
- May research, compose, design, or edit agency publications, forms manuals and charts
- Assists with special projects
Fellowships are unpaid.
They are available to both college students and recent graduates.
SPRING - January 15 - May 31
SUMMER - June 1 - August 31
FALL - September 1 - December 31
How to Apply:
Interested students must submit a Texas Governor's Fellowship Program application and resume. Students may request an application by contacting the Human Resources Division.
You may also download a Fellowship Application [MS Word .doc]
Applications can be:
|1. Mailed to:||2. Dropped Off at:||3. Faxed to:||4. Emailed to:|
|Texas Governor's Office
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 12428
Austin, Texas 78711
State Insurance Building
|(512) 463-8464||humanresources [at] gov.texas.gov
(replace [at] with an @ sign)
Fellowships are available in the following offices:
- Aerospace and Aviation
- Budget, Planning and Policy
- Support Serv./Computer Services
- Committee on People with Disabilities
- Correspondence & Constituent Communication
- Criminal Justice
- Economic Development and Tourism
- Financial Services
- General Counsel
- Governor's Mansion
- Human Resources
- Legislative Office
- Press Office
- Texas Film Commission
- Texas Military Preparedness Commission
- Texas Music Office
- Texas Workforce Investment Council
- Women's Commission