Fellowships and Intern Positions
Do you see a future career in public service? How far could a student internship take you? The Texas Governor’s Fellowship program could be the next stepping stone for your career in public service. The OOG Fellowship program offers college students and recent graduates valuable experience and exposure to state government by providing opportunities to work alongside OOG staff in a variety of different fields. As an OOG intern you can help make a difference while learning about the different facets of state government. Opportunities are on an unpaid basis only and the OOG is committed to working with students who are also seeking course credit for their internship time. Apply now! You might be surprised.
Texas Governor’s Fellowship Program will:
- Give students an overview of state government by working closely with staff in the Office of the Governor.
- Provide students with experience in a working office environment.
- Enhance appreciation of public service.
Fellows are assigned to work with the Governor’s staff.
Primary duties consist of:
- Performs support work for division program areas
- Provides project assistance
- Conducts research as requested for various projects
- Prepares correspondence, reports, studies, forms and documents
- May research, compose, design, or edit agency publications, forms, manuals, and charts
- Assists with special projects
Fellowships are unpaid.
They are available to both college students and recent graduates.
SPRING - January 9 - May 31
SUMMER - June 1 - August 31 APPLY NOW!!!
FALL - September 1 - December 31
How to Apply:
Interested students must submit a Texas Governor's Fellowship Program application and resume. Students may request an application by contacting the Human Resources Division.
You may also download a Fellowship Application [MS Word .doc]
Applications can be:
|1. Mailed to:||2. Dropped Off at:||3. Faxed to:||4. Emailed to:|
|Texas Governor's Office
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 12428
Austin, Texas 78711
State Insurance Building
|(512) 463-8464||humanresources [at] gov.texas.gov
(replace [at] with an @ sign)
Fellowships are available in the following offices:
- Budget & Policy
- Committee on People with Disabilities
- Criminal Justice
- General Counsel
- Homeland Security Grants
- Human Resources
- Legislative Office
- Communications Office
- Texas Economic Development Bank
- Texas Tourism
- Business Development
- Texas Film Commission
- Texas Military Preparedness Commission
- Texas Music Office
- Women's Commission