Job #: 2016-47
TWC Job #: 6458132
Opening Date: 04/28/2016
Closing Date: Until Closed
Travel Required: NA
Monthly Salary: *$3,081.33 - $3,500.00
Position Location: 1100 San Jacinto, State Insurance Building Austin, Texas 78701
Group Step: B17
*Salary Commensurate With Experience
Military Occupational Specialist codes that may be applicable to this position: 35F, 712X, 040, 0231, 60C0
This position is assigned to the OOG’s Office of Compliance and Monitoring (OCM) and reports to the Division Managers and/or Director. Work involves coordinating internal administrative support work and providing highly-advanced technical program assistance work. Provides technical program assistance to governmental agencies and community organizations. Works under general supervision with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Registration, Certification or Licensure: Valid Texas Driver’s License.
Physical Requirements and/or Working Conditions: This classification functions in a standard office environment. Ability to move up to 35 lbs. Ability to drive as needed. Will need to move about the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, set up conference rooms for meetings, etc. Must be able to communicate and exchange accurate information via phone, computer and in person. Must be able to observe and evaluate media in electronic, visual and/or audio format. Must be able to work hours during a legislative session that include holidays and as needed. This position may require repetitive movement with data entry duties.
- Effectively plans, coordinates and performs administrative and general office duties such as ordering and maintaining supplies, processing mail, processing travel vouchers, submitting work orders, etc.
- Coordinates internal administrative support work and provides technical program assistance work to OCM staff.
- Performs routine review of documents submitted by grantees to ensure accuracy and completeness, and requests missing information.
- Generates and assists with preparation of routine and special reports, such as executive summaries.
- Coordinates with staff in maintaining an electronic file system and complying with records retention requirements as the Records Retention Coordinator for the division.
- Coordinates and distributes requests for information to proper personnel for response and monitors for completeness and timeliness as the Public Information Request Coordinator for the division.
- Coordinates office safety matters as the Additional Duty Safety Officer for the division.
- Maintains a working knowledge of federal, state and program guidelines and regulations.
- Develops, updates and/or recommends office and program procedures.
- Responds to inquiries regarding program or administrative regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assists with the maintenance of databases and other electronic tracking methods.
- Assists with maintenance of forms and templates.
- Assists with developing and editing training material.
- May perform backup duties to other staff.
- May train others.
- Maintains regular attendance and regular work schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
One (1) year of experience in an administrative, office or program support work role and at least a two-year post-secondary associate’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of office practices and administrative procedures.
- Skill in the use of standard office equipment and software applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Skill in organization and time management.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to implement new administrative systems and procedures.
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to interpret rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to effectively plan work and meet deadlines.
To apply, please visit http://gov.texas.gov/employment/ for instructions on submitting your application. You may download the Texas Workforce Commission State Employment Application or request an application from the Office of the Governor Human Resources Division, State Insurance Building, 1100 San Jacinto, Room 2.300, Austin, Texas, 78701. If required in this posting, copies of college transcripts must be provided concurrent with application for further applicant consideration. For additional information, please call 512- 463-5873, or visit our agency's website. Dial 7-1-1 for Relay Services.
The Office of the Governor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires all new employees to present proof of eligibility to work in the United States within three (3) days of being hired. The Office of the Governor participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Candidates selected for interviews will be subject to background check and required to complete authorization form.
- E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
- E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
- Right to Work Poster (English)
- Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
Male candidates between 18 and 25 years of age are required to show proof of Selective Service registration (or exemption) prior to an offer of employment being extended. Such proof is not required to be filed with an application but must be provided upon request by the Human Resources office. For additional information pertaining to Selective Service registration, you may visit: http://www.sss.gov/
Notice to Applicants Who May Require Reasonable Accommodation in the Interview Process:
Applicants with disabilities who may need to discuss special accommodations during the interview process should contact 512-463-5873 and ask to speak to the Office of the Governor's Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator in the Human Resources Department. If reasonably possible, please call at least 48 hours in advance to afford our representative and the hiring division sufficient time to properly review and coordinate your request.