- Monday, March 27, 2017 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Applauds Department Of Justice Action Against Sanctuary Cities
Governor Greg Abbott today issued the following statement after Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced the Department of Justice will withhold and claw back federal funds from sanctuary cities that do not comply with immigration laws and enforcement, specifically U.S. Code 1373.
- Friday, March 24, 2017 Washington, D.C.Governor Abbott Joins President Trump For Charter Communications Jobs Announcement
Governor Greg Abbott today visited the White House where he joined President Donald J. Trump and Charter Communications Chair and CEO Tom Rutledge to announce Charter’s commitment to bring thousands of jobs back to America from overseas.
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Reappoints Baer To The Office Of Public Utility Counsel
Governor Greg Abbott has reappointed Tonya Baer to the Office of Public Utility Counsel (OPUC) for a term to expire February 1, 2019.
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Reappoints Brannan Commissioner Of Workers' Compensation
Governor Greg Abbott has reappointed Ryan Brannan Commissioner of Workers' Compensation at the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) for a term to expire February 1, 2019.
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Reappoints Barta As Injured Employee Public Counsel
Governor Greg Abbott has reappointed Jessica Barta to the Injured Employee Public Counsel for a term set to expire February 1, 2019.
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Reappoints Foster-Smith To Texas Mutual Insurance Company Board Of Directors
Governor Greg Abbott has reappointed Linda Foster-Smith to the Texas Mutual Insurance Company Board of Directors for a term set to expire July 1, 2021.
- Monday, March 20, 2017 Austin, TexasFirst Lady Cecilia Abbott Visits With Amarillo First Responders After Panhandle Wildfires
Texas First Lady Cecilia Abbott today visited Amarillo Fire Department Central Fire Station today and brought lunch from local restaurant Dyer’s BBQ. She met with local officials, first responders and other organizations that responded to the recent Panhandle wildfires and thanked them for their service to the state and their fellow Texans.
- Monday, March 20, 2017 Austin, Texas142 Criminally Charged Illegal Immigrants Released By Travis County
AUSTIN – The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) today issued its first “Declined Detainer Outcome Report,” which highlights the Counties that are not cooperating with Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detainer requests.
- Thursday, March 16, 2017 Austin, TexasUSDA Grants Governor Abbott’s Requests For Resources For Panhandle Wildfires
Following devastating wildfires in the Texas Panhandle and Governor Greg Abbott’s request for assistance, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has made critical resources available for those affected.
- Monday, March 13, 2017 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Eight To One Call Board Of Texas
Governor Greg Abbott has reappointed Jason Hartgraves and Janie Walenta, and appointed Jesus Antonio Garza and James Schneider to the One Call Board of Texas for terms set to expire on August 31, 2018. Additionally, he reappointed Barry Calhoun, and appointed Roberto De Leon, Jeff Carroll, and Senaida “Sandy” Galvan for terms set expire on August 31, 2019.