Freedom of religion is the most sacred of our rights and our freedom to worship is secured by the Constitution.
No state offers greater support for the mission of the military than Texas.
Governor Abbott paves way for historic transportation funding increase.
- Friday, July 31, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Three To Governing Board Of The Texas School For The Blind And Visually Impaired
Governor Greg Abbott has appointed Tobie Wortham and has reappointed Mary Alexander and Joseph Muñiz to the Governing Board of the Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired (TSBVI) for terms set to expire January 31, 2021.
- Thursday, July 30, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Announces LiveOps Headquarters Relocation From California To Texas
Governor Greg Abbott today announced that LiveOps, the global leader in cloud contact center and customer service solutions, will relocate its corporate headquarters from Redwood City, California to Cedar Park, Texas.
- Thursday, July 30, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Meets With Czech Ambassador Petr Gandalovič
Governor Greg Abbott today met with Petr Gandalovič, Ambassador of the Czech Republic to the United States, to discuss the promotion of trade and investment between the Czech Republic and South Texas.
- Wednesday, July 29, 2015 Austin, TexasICYMI: Governor Abbott Discusses Border Security On The Sean Hannity Show
Governor Greg Abbott spoke with FOX News radio host Sean Hannity today to discuss how Texas is stepping up to secure our border in the wake of federal government inaction by signing into law the most comprehensive border security plan in the nation.
- Wednesday, July 29, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Names Dan Friedkin Chairman of Parks and Wildlife Commission
Governor Greg Abbott today named T. Dan Friedkin of Houston Chairman of the Parks and Wildlife Commission for a term to expire at the pleasure of the Governor.
- Wednesday, July 29, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Ruggero Hughs To Texas Workforce Commission
Governor Greg Abbott has appointed Ruth Ruggero Hughs of Austin to the Texas Workforce Commission for a term set to expire on February 1, 2021.
- Tuesday, July 28, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Five To Council On Cardiovascular Disease And Stroke
Governor Greg Abbott has appointed Kyle Sheets to the Texas Council on Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) and Stroke for a term set to expire February 1, 2017.
- Monday, July 27, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Three To Texas Credit Union Commission
Governor Greg Abbott has appointed Steve Gilman, Beckie Stockstill Cobb and Yusuf Farran to the Credit Union Commission for terms set to expire on February 1, 2021.
- Monday, July 27, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Herrington To Upper Neches River Municipal Water Authority Board Of Directors
Governor Abbott has appointed Jay Steven Herrington, D.D.S. to the Upper Neches River Municipal Water Authority Board of Directors for a term set to expire on February 1, 2021.
- Friday, July 24, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Statement On Texas Supreme Court’s Ruling To Repeal Houston Ordinance
Governor Greg Abbott today issued a statement following the Texas Supreme Court’s ruling that requires the Houston City Council to repeal the Houston Equal Rights Ordinance or place it on the November ballot for a vote.