The Future of Texas
“We must work together to ensure that even the future is bigger in Texas.” - Governor Greg Abbott
- Friday, March 27, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Statement On February Jobs Numbers
The Texas Workforce Commission today announced that Texas added 7,100 jobs in the month of February, with the unemployment dropping to 4.3 percent, down from 4.4 percent in January 2015.
- Wednesday, March 25, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Directs DFPS To Implement New Child Safety Measures
Governor Greg Abbott today sent a letter to Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) Commissioner John Specia directing the agency to implement comprehensive reforms to the state’s foster care and child protective services following the death of three children under DFPS supervision in the first three months of 2015.
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Files Amicus Brief On Executive Amnesty
Governor Greg Abbott has filed an amicus brief in opposition to the Obama administration’s Emergency Motion for Stay Pending Appeal in the case to halt President Obama’s executive amnesty.
- Monday, March 23, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Barnard Judge Of 89th District Court
Governor Greg Abbott today appointed Charles M. Barnard of Wichita Falls as judge of the 89th District Court of Wichita County.
- Friday, March 20, 2015 Irving, TexasFirst Lady Cecilia Abbott Visits Irving, Tours Thomas Haley Elementary School
Texas First Lady Cecilia Abbott today visited Thomas Haley Elementary School in Irving, where she toured the school and met with the Principal and Irving ISD Superintendent, as well as teachers and students in several classrooms.
- Wednesday, March 18, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Names Lewis Chair Of Texas Transportation Commission
Governor Greg Abbott today named Tryon Lewis chair of the Texas Transportation Commission for a term to expire at the pleasure of the governor. The commission oversees the Texas Department of Transportation.
- Tuesday, March 17, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Cobos To The Veterans Land Board
Governor Greg Abbott today announced the appointment of Andrew Cobos of Houston to the Veterans Land Board, an organization within the Texas General Land Office, which oversees six programs that provide benefits and services for Texas veterans, military members and their families. Mr. Cobos will replace Alan Sandersen.
- Tuesday, March 17, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Reappoints Matson To Executive Council Of Physical Therapy And Occupational Therapy Examiners Board
Governor Greg Abbott today announced the reappointment of Arthur Roger Matson of Georgetown to the Executive Council of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners Board, an organization charged with protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the people of Texas.
- Monday, March 16, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Calls On EPA To Refrain From Issuing New Standards
In an ongoing effort to deter federal overreach by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Governor Greg Abbott today issued a letter to Gina McCarthy, Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, requesting that the agency void its proposed changes to the National Ambient Air Quality Standard (NAAQS) for ozone in favor of maintaining the current standard of 75 parts per billion (ppb).
- Monday, March 09, 2015 Austin, TexasIn Case You Missed It: Governor Abbott Op-Ed: Texas Means Business
We have built a framework that allows free enterprise to flourish, including less government, low taxes, reasonable regulations and the right-to-work laws that attract job creators and keep job growth here in the state of Texas. As governor, I intend to do more to build an even stronger business environment.