Women investing in themselves & inspiring change represents the greatest potential for job growth.
Texas First Lady Cecilia Abbott announces her Texanthropy initiative.
A report that highlights the accomplishments of Texas over the past year.
Check out the latest on business expansion and job creation in Texas.
- Friday, April 29, 2016 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Hicks As Taylor County Criminal District Attorney
Governor Greg Abbott has appointed James Hicks of Abilene as the Taylor County Criminal District Attorney for a term set to expire at the next general election in November 2016.
- Thursday, April 28, 2016 Austin, TexasFirst Lady Cecilia Abbott Visits Houston Habitat For Humanity Women Build
Following the launch of her Texanthropy Initiative, Texas First Lady Cecilia Abbott today visited the Houston Habitat for Humanity Women Build.
- Wednesday, April 27, 2016 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Four To Texas Military Preparedness Commission
Governor Greg Abbott has appointed Mike S. Sullivan, Shannalea Taylor and Kevin Pottinger and reappointed Dennis Lewis to the Texas Military Preparedness Commission for terms set to expire February 1, 2021.
- Wednesday, April 27, 2016 Austin, TexasFirst Lady Cecilia Abbott Announces "Texanthropy" Initiative To Promote Volunteerism And Service
Texas First Lady Cecilia Abbott today announced the launch of “Texanthropy,” a new initiative that she will use to promote volunteerism and service to others as her primary focus as First Lady of Texas.
- Wednesday, April 27, 2016 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Announces Expansion Of Thomson Reuters In Carrollton, TX
Governor Greg Abbott today announced that Thomson Reuters will be expanding its current operations in Carrollton, Texas.
- Tuesday, April 26, 2016 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Urges U.S. Senate To Pass Financial Institution Customer Protection Act
Governor Greg Abbott today sent a letter to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell urging the U.S. Senate to pass the Financial Institution Customer Protection Act, effectively ending Operation Choke Point.
- Monday, April 25, 2016 Austin, TexasFederal Disaster Declaration Granted For Texas Counties
On Monday, April 25th, the federal government granted Governor Greg Abbott’s request for Individual Assistance for 4 counties affected by severe weather and flooding.
- Sunday, April 24, 2016 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Requests Individual Assistance For Texas Counties
Governor Greg Abbott today requested Individual Assistance for Harris, Fayette, Grimes and Parker counties from the federal government.
- Friday, April 22, 2016 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Adds Seven Counties To Disaster Declaration
Governor Greg Abbott today added Bosque, Fayette, Liberty, Milam, Palo Pinto, Parker, and San Jacinto Counties to his April 18th disaster declaration following severe weather and flooding in parts of Texas.
- Friday, April 22, 2016 Austin, TexasTexas Signs Memorandum Of Understanding With Aichi Prefectural Government Of Japan
Governor Greg Abbott today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Governor Hideaki Ohmura expressing their shared desire to establish a relationship between the State of Texas and the Aichi Prefecture of Japan.