The Gatehouse in Grapevine is an example of the vital role our communities play in fighting domestic violence.
- Tuesday, March 31, 2015 Abilene, TexasFirst Lady Cecilia Abbott Addresses McMurry University Women’s Leadership Luncheon
Texas First Lady Cecilia Abbott delivered the keynote speech at the McMurry University Women's Leadership Luncheon today. The luncheon celebrates outstanding women leaders and honors the recipient of the Dr. Sandra S. Harper Women's Leadership Scholarship, which is awarded each year to a student at McMurry University.
- Tuesday, March 31, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Addresses Texas Police Chiefs Association's Annual Conference
Governor Greg Abbott visited Galveston today to address the Texas Police Chiefs Association’s Annual Conference. Governor Abbott was introduced by his hometown police chief, Retired Chief of Police Michael Courville of the Duncanville Police Department.
- Monday, March 30, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Statement On HHSC Strike Force Report
Governor Greg Abbott issued the following statement regarding the report released today by the strike force he deployed to conduct a review of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
- Saturday, March 28, 2015 San Antonio, TexasFirst Lady Cecilia Abbott Addresses 2015 Texas Science And Engineering Fair
Texas First Lady Cecilia Abbott today addressed the 2015 Texas Science and Engineering Fair in San Antonio where she offered encouragement and congratulations to the participating students.
- Friday, March 27, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Statement On February Jobs Numbers
The Texas Workforce Commission today announced that Texas added 7,100 jobs in the month of February, with the unemployment dropping to 4.3 percent, down from 4.4 percent in January 2015.
- Wednesday, March 25, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Directs DFPS To Implement New Child Safety Measures
Governor Greg Abbott today sent a letter to Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) Commissioner John Specia directing the agency to implement comprehensive reforms to the state’s foster care and child protective services following the death of three children under DFPS supervision in the first three months of 2015.
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Files Amicus Brief On Executive Amnesty
Governor Greg Abbott has filed an amicus brief in opposition to the Obama administration’s Emergency Motion for Stay Pending Appeal in the case to halt President Obama’s executive amnesty.
- Monday, March 23, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Appoints Barnard Judge Of 89th District Court
Governor Greg Abbott today appointed Charles M. Barnard of Wichita Falls as judge of the 89th District Court of Wichita County.
- Friday, March 20, 2015 Irving, TexasFirst Lady Cecilia Abbott Visits Irving, Tours Thomas Haley Elementary School
Texas First Lady Cecilia Abbott today visited Thomas Haley Elementary School in Irving, where she toured the school and met with the Principal and Irving ISD Superintendent, as well as teachers and students in several classrooms.
- Wednesday, March 18, 2015 Austin, TexasGovernor Abbott Names Lewis Chair Of Texas Transportation Commission
Governor Greg Abbott today named Tryon Lewis chair of the Texas Transportation Commission for a term to expire at the pleasure of the governor. The commission oversees the Texas Department of Transportation.